Left top & bottom photos by Jen Lee - Bottom right by: Kristen P - Top right by: me, tripod & remote.
storyboard template by: PuglyPixel
I'm still not 100% comfortable with having my photo taken and it's very rare that I will look directly at the camera. A look to the side or a tilt of the head masks my insecurity. But I'm getting there, constantly showing up and challenging myself to see & be seen. The photos of me in this collage that were taken by my friends were moments where I had to trust, let go, and allow them to capture me as I am or in the light that they see me. My self-portraiture story is still unfolding and I'm finding that I see myself now with kinder eyes and a more accepting heart.
If you re-read the photo prompt post, there are some great ideas there for your self portrait. It can be as revealing as you want it to be. Just a glimpse of you, after 50 weeks spent sharing our photos together :)
There are some things to consider before linking up:
- Please link directly to the blog post or flickr page where your photo is displayed.
- One photo per person. I delete your second submission, sorry!
- Your fellow participants would love your feedback. Consider visiting the gallery over the weekend to see the work other people have submitted. Self portraiture is a vulnerable topic and it takes courage to let ourselves be seen. Visiting & commenting on other people's work in the gallery is highly encouraged.
- Consider adding your photo to the flickr group after linking up here :)
- One more thing!! There are some share buttons at the bottom of this post. Clicking one of them and sharing what's going on here @ 52 Photos Project is so very appreciated. If you feel like sharing, please do! I would love to see this close community of photographers grow. Thanks!!